If you would like to skip to a specific section. Click the boxes in the bottom of the video!
Requirements (Make sure to do this before starting the video):
1. NodeJS: To install node in either Windows/Linux please follow these steps: https://nodejs.org/en/download/
2. MongoDB: To install mongo in either Windows/Linux please follow these steps: https://www.mongodb.com/download-center? jmp=nav
For easier installation in Linux run this command:
$ sudo apt-get install mongodb
To test if Node and Mongo are running/installed run these commands in the terminal:
$ node -v
$ mongo -version
In order to create the database run the command:
The mongo shell should open then run this command:
- use todos
This will create the db that needed for our application.
Windows Users: If any of the mongo/node commands are not found then follow these steps:
1. Restart the terminal and try again
2. If step 1 does not work. Then you have to add node to your path, follow these steps: http://windowsitpro.com/systems-manageme nt/how-can-i-add-new-folder-my-system-pa th
3. Restart Terminal and try again.
After all the requirements are set up then start the video.
GitHub Download Link: