Does iPhone 8 have iMessage?
iMessage is one of the three message forms along with SMS and MMS, which let you send and receive texts, photos, videos, voice memos, locations, and contact cards on iPhone, including the latest iPhone X/8/8 Plus.
How do I send a text message on an iPhone 8?
Send a message
- Tap. at the top of the screen to start a new message, or tap an existing message.
- Enter the phone number, contact name, or Apple ID of each recipient. Or, tap. , then choose contacts.
- Tap the text field, type your message, then tap. to send. An alert.
Where is my text message history?
How to Get Text Message History From Phone
- Look for the menu icon on your cell phone screen.
- Go into the menu section of your cell phone.
- Look for the icon and word “Messaging” within your menu.
- Look for the words “Inbox” and “Outbox” or “Sent” and “Received” in your Messaging section.
Why is iMessage not working on iPhone 8?
Aside from Apple server errors, network connectivity problems and software glitches are also among the underlying causes that can cause iMessage to fail or stop working on your device. There are also some cases wherein faulty updates and software crashes from firmware transitions are to blame.
How do I send SMS instead of iMessage?
Send text as SMS instead of iMessage from Messages app
- Open the contact you want to send a text to.
- Type your message, then press the Send icon.
- Quickly tap and hold the message bubble that you just sent.
- Select Send as Text Message and watch your bubble turn from blue to green.
Why can’t I send a text on my iPhone 8?
If your iPhone is not sending messages, first make sure your phone has service, as the issue may be with the Wi-Fi or cellular network, not your device itself. Check in your iPhone’s Settings app that various messaging options are turned on so that your phone can dispatch texts if iMessage fails.
How do I look at old text messages on my iPhone?
Open the Messages app in iOS and select the conversation you want to view. Tap once near the clock (or on either side of the camera notch) at the top of your iPhone or iPad screen. A progress indicator appears as the app scrolls up a few messages at a time.
How do I retrieve old text messages on my iPhone?
Try iTunes or Finder
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes or Finder, if they don’t pop up automatically.
- In iTunes, click on the phone icon at the top of the screen and choose Summary from the menu on the left.
- Click Restore Backup and your old texts will hopefully reappear on your phone.
Why can’t I receive texts on my iPhone?
If you have an iPhone and another iOS or iPadOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.
Why is my iPhone sending SMS instead of iMessage?
Go to Settings>Messages and make sure that iMessage is activated. iMessage will only send to other iOS devices. The iPhone will send SMS if you are sending to non-iOS devices. You also need to make sure that you have data turned on, and be either connected to Wi-Fi, or cellular data.
Does iPhone use MMS or SMS?
If you aren’t using iMessage, you can use SMS/MMS. These messages are texts and photos that you send to other cell phones or another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. SMS/MMS messages aren’t encrypted and appear in green text bubbles on your device. To use SMS/MMS on an iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan.
How do I force my iPhone to send a text instead of iMessage?
Send all messages as texts
- Go to Settings > Messages.
- Toggle iMessages switch to off.
How do I enable text messages on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages, then turn on iMessage. On your Mac, open Messages, then do one of the following: If you’re signing in for the first time, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In.
Should SMS and MMS be turned on my iPhone?
MMS – multimedia messaging service – allows you to send pictures and other media via text, as well as send longer texts. If you have a limited data plan or poor internet connection, and iMessage isn’t working on your iPhone, you should turn off iMessage and use MMS instead.
Is iMessage different from text message?
– The most basic difference between an iMessage and a text message is that an iMessage is sent using an internet connection and the latter is delivered over a cellular network. – Another difference is that the iMessage service can be accessed only on Apple devices and the SMS service can be used on any device.
Why is iPhone sending green messages?
If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, then that message was sent using MMS/SMS instead of iMessage. There are several reasons for this: The person that you sent the message to doesn’t have an Apple device. iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device.