How can I get help paying my electric bill in Louisiana?
If you need help paying your utility bills, contact one of these organizations.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – fuel and weatherization assistance.
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) – where to apply for assistance.
- Make your home more energy efficient.
How do I apply for Entergy assistance in Louisiana?
Choose one of the options below to enroll.
- Enroll in Level Billing through myEntergy.
- Call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) to speak with an agent about the program.
How much does Liheap pay in Louisiana?
2022 LIHEAP 60% ESTIMATED STATE MEDIAN INCOME LEVELS
|# Household Members||Monthly Household Income Limit|
How can I get financial help in Louisiana?
Here’s Where You Can Get Income-Based Assistance in Louisiana
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance.
- Rural Housing Repair Loans and Grants.
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- Louisiana Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Louisiana Medicaid Program.
How many times can you apply for Louisiana rental assistance?
No, you may only submit ONE application to the program, and your benefits are determined at the time of your award. If you have already submitted an application and have received funding from the Louisiana Emergency Rental Assistance Program, no action is required in order to be considered for additional assistance.
How long does it take to get approved for rental assistance in Louisiana?
approximately two weeks
“However, once a tenant and a landlord submit all of the required information and have an approved application, they should expect to receive rental assistance payouts in approximately two weeks,” a spokesperson said.
How long does it take to get approved for Louisiana rental assistance?
Is rental assistance still available in Louisiana?
For renters or landlords seeking financial assistance with rent or utilities due to COVID-19. This program provides emergency rental and utility assistance to Louisiana residents who are experiencing housing instability due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How do I get emergency housing assistance in Louisiana?
To apply by phone, call 877.459. 6555, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you live in Caddo, Calcasieu, East Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Lafayette, Orleans or St. Tammany Parish, you must apply directly to the program in your parish.
Is Louisiana the poorest state?
Louisiana. Lousiana is the second-poorest state in the country, with 17.4% of its population at or below the poverty line.