How do I add meta description in Yoast SEO?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin.
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
What is a meta description in Yoast?
The meta description is a snippet of up to about 155 characters – a tag in HTML – which summarizes a page’s content. Search engines show it in search results mostly when the searched-for phrase is within the description. So optimizing it is crucial for on-page SEO.
Why is Yoast not showing meta description?
The meta description tag is missing or broken If your WordPress theme doesn’t follow best practices, or if you’re using plugins that alter the contents of the code in your templates, then your meta description might be missing.
How do I optimize meta description in WordPress?
First, go to Search Appearance » Global Settings in your WordPress admin. Then, scroll down to the Home Page section. On this screen, you can easily enter a meta description and keywords, just like you would for a post or page. All in One SEO will use your tagline as your meta description by default.
How do I optimize meta description?
Best Practices When Writing Meta Descriptions
- Attain 158 characters and no longer on desktop and 120 characters on mobile.
- Use action-oriented language. It gets clicks!
- Make it specific and relevant. Put that keyword in and don’t create duplicate meta descriptions!
- Don’t deceive users.
- Provide a solution or benefit.
How do I add meta description in WordPress without plugins?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
How do I change meta description?
How to Change a WordPress Meta Description
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “Settings” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “General” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “Tagline.”
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save your new Tagline.
Why is meta description not showing?
There are many situations where the search engines won’t display your title tag or meta description. Here are a few potential scenarios: The title or meta description you specified isn’t relevant to the search query. The title or meta description you specified is too short or too long.
Why is Google not picking up meta description?
Google’s John Mueller offered three reasons why Google rewrites meta descriptions. The first reason is poor use of a meta description by not using it to summarize the web page. The second reason is to more accurately match the search query with the web page when the content is missing part of the search query.
Do meta descriptions affect SEO?
Do Meta Descriptions Affect SEO? The short answer is no, they don’t technically impact SEO. However, they are an important part of your SEO strategy as they are one of the first things searchers see when they encounter one of your pages.
How long should a meta description be for SEO?
Optimal meta description length Meta descriptions can technically be any length, but Google generally truncates snippets to ~155-160 characters. It’s best to keep meta descriptions long enough that they’re sufficiently descriptive, so we recommend descriptions between 50 and 160 characters.
How do I add meta tags to WordPress Yoast?
Method 1: Using the Yoast SEO Plugin
- Step 1: Install the Yoast SEO Plugin. To start adding meta tags to your content, you’ll first need to download the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Step 2: Add Meta Data to Your Posts and Pages.
- Step 3: Save or Publish the Post or Page.
How do I add meta description to my website?
How to add meta tags to your website
- Meta tags are basic elements of search engine optimization used to describe the page content.
- To add meta tags to a web page, you need to edit the section of the HTML file.
- Open the HTML file and locate the section near the top of the file.
How do I change the meta description in WordPress without Plugin?
- Create A New Post or Open an Existing Post.
- Turn On the Custom Fields Option.
- Create A Custom Field for Meta Keywords.
- Create A Custom Field for Meta Description.
- Open the WordPress Theme’s functions.php File.
- Add A Function to Call Each Custom Field.
- Save the functions.php File.
- Reload the WordPress Page.
How do I remove the default meta description in WordPress?
How to remove WordPress Meta Generator Tag?
- Install WP Hardening from the WordPress store.
- Activate it.
- Navigate to the “Security Fixers” tab in the plugin and just flick the toggle key next to the option “Remove Meta Generator tag.”
- And you are done.
Why is my meta description not updating?
There are a number of reasons Google would not update the meta description for your page. Typically Google might be showing an older version of the meta description or outright ignoring it and show a snippet of the page content.
How long does it take for meta description to update?
You can expect your meta title and description to get updated in 7 to 15 days. Google can take less or more as it is impacted by various factors. If you would like your metadata to be updated more regularly by default then you will have to maintain a healthy website with fresh content to be uploaded regularly.
How long does it take Google to update meta description?
Does Google rewrite meta descriptions?
A study finds Google ignores meta descriptions over 70% of the time for pages on the first page of search results. Google rewrites meta descriptions for pages over 70% of the time, according to a recent study examining search results for 30,000 keywords.