How do I build a capsule wardrobe for my office?
CAPSULE WORK WARDROBE TOPS
- Rely on a Neutral Button-Down Blouse.
- Add Vibrancy with a Solid-Colored Blouse.
- Stay Warm with a Knit Sweater.
- Polish with a Black Blazer.
- Layer on a Trench Coat.
- Dress up in a Pencil Skirt.
- Stay Grounded in Neutral Trousers.
- Add Flair with a Wrap Dress.
What should be in a work capsule wardrobe?
“Every professional capsule wardrobe should have a white fitted dress shirt, a solid blazer, a patterned earth-toned blazer, a fitted sheath dress, high-waisted wool dress pants, and heels in black and nude.”
How many office outfits should I have?
A rule that’s always helped me is that every bottom in your capsule collection needs to match at least 3 different tops. In addition, both of the jackets you choose for your capsule need to pair well with most of your tops. Following those rules, you should have almost 30 outfits right out of the gate.
How do I create a corporate wardrobe?
I usually recommend these key pieces as a starting point:
- A pair of black pants (or dark denim if your office is more casual).
- A black skirt (the classic pencil skirt works well).
- A black dress.
- A blazer, jacket or cardigan in a neutral colour.
- A couple of blouses (white is a good base).
What are the cons of a capsule wardrobe?
Disadvantages of Capsule Wardrobes
- It can get boring. You’re basically repeating clothes and outfits.
- You can’t follow trends. Let’s face it, some trends are super cute.
- You have to do laundry more often. Fewer clothes means that when they get dirty, you have to clean them right away.
- It takes time to perfect it.
Are leggings unprofessional?
Leggings are technically pants, but they aren’t considered trousers, nor are they considered professional attire. With that being said, leggings are acceptable to wear as pants in certain settings. For example, when wearing leggings to the gym or exercising, it is acceptable to wear leggings as pants.
How do you build a functional work wardrobe?
How to Build a Functional and Fashionable Wardrobe
- Clean Out Your Closet.
- Focus on the Basics.
- Think Neutral colors.
- Rely on Layering.
- Pay Attention to Trends.
- Pay Attention to the Fit.
- Get Pieces for Different Occasions.
- Consider Your Lifestyle.
Is a capsule wardrobe realistic?
The ultimate goal of a realistic capsule wardrobe is to be able to grab something from each pile every day and always have it work. So if it’s a casual day, you can grab a pair of jeans and a shirt and no matter what you pick… it works together.
Are black jeans OK for the office?
Are Black Jeans Acceptable for the Office? Black jeans are often a great choice for a business casual office. Pairing the perfect pair of black jeans with the right shirt and quality shoes will help them to fit in the workplace, while still showcasing their wearer’s personal sense of style.
Is a jean jacket unprofessional?
Denim jackets are typically things we wear casually. However, with workplaces becoming increasingly more casual, they can be considered for work in certain cases. Obviously, in a super corporate or conservative office wearing a denim jacket is off the table.