How do I change the default mail app in the registry?
How can I configure Outlook to be the default mail client?
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail.
- Double click the (Default) value and set to “Microsoft Outlook” (don’t type the quotes)
- Move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto.
How do I change the default email program in Windows 7?
To set up a default email program in Windows 7:
- On your keyboard, press the key combination Windows Logo + R.
- Type computerdefaults, click OK.
- Click Custom.
- Under “Choose a default email program,” click on your preferred email program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook Express.
- Click OK.
How do I change my default email program in Windows?
Or open the Start menu and click the gear icon on the left. In Settings, click “Apps.” In Apps, click “Default Apps” in the sidebar. In the Default Apps section, click the icon located just below “Email.” This will allow you to select a new email client that you’d like to use as default.
Where are Outlook settings stored in registry?
Find Your Outlook Settings in the Windows Registry Type HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\ and press Enter. In your Outlook directory on the left side of the screen, open the Preferences directory. On the right side of the screen, your Outlook settings registry entries appear.
Where is Windows Mail in the registry?
Right click the Start button, and then click Run. Type regedit; click OK to start Registry Editor. Find or create the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail key. Change the value of default parameter (REG_SZ) to Windows Mail.
How do I change my default email?
Change your default email account
- Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- From the list of accounts on the Email tab, select the account you want to use as the default account.
- Select Set as Default > Close.
How do I change the default program to open a file in Windows 7?
Changing File Associations in Windows 7 (Default Programs)
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
- Click Change program.
How do I reset Outlook registry?
How to reset Outlook to “first run” status?
- Close Outlook.
- Press Windows Key + R to display the Run tab.
- Type regedit and click on OK.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/version_number/Outlook/Setup.
- In the Name list, simply select and delete the following entries:
How do I change registry settings in Outlook?
If you need to edit the registry, you will need to get path using the SID and open that registry file.
- Open Outlook.
- Type regedit on the start menu and open the Registry Editor when it comes up.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\hivelist.
- Find the entries with Microsoft.
How do I fix my Outlook registry?
How to FIX: Outlook Operation Failed due to a Registry or Installation problem.
- Close Outlook.
- Restart your computer.
- Navigate to Programs and Features.
- In Programs and Features, select the Microsoft Office product that installed on your system and click Change (or click Repair if available).
How do I remove Windows Live Mail from registry?
How do I remove Windows Live Mail from registry?
- Right click Windows Live Mail and then press Delete to remove the registry key.
- Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click SOFTWARE, and click MICROSOFT.
- Right click Windows Live Mail and then press Delete to delete the registry key.
What is a default email account?
The default or catch-all address is the one to which all e-mails, addressed to a non-available or mistakenly entered email account at your domain name are routed to.
How do I set Gmail as my default email?
Make Gmail the default email program when you click email links in Chrome Browser. Settings. Go to the Privacy and security section. At the top, make sure Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended) is turned on.
How do I change the default program to open a file with?
Change default programs in Windows
- Select Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- To change the default app, you can do either of the following: Set a default for a file type or link type. In the search bar, enter the file type or link type you want, then select it from the list of results.
How do I remove the default mail client?
If you like, you can remove Mail app using these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the top result and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command to uninstall the app and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage.
How do I remove an Outlook profile from the registry Windows 7?
Manually Delete Outlook Profiles From the Control Panel Select User Accounts, followed by Mail. From the Mail Setup window, select the option to Show Profiles. Click on the profile you want to delete and choose Remove. Click Yes to confirm in the pop-up window and when it’s done, click OK to finalize.
How do I import Outlook profile into registry?
Close all Outlook windows. 2. Navigate to the location where you have saved (exported) the “Profiles” registry key (e.g. “OutlookProfiles. reg”) and double-click on it to import Outlook Accounts settings inside the registry.
To set up a default email program in Windows 7: On your keyboard, press the key combination Windows Logo + R. This opens the “Run” command. Type computerdefaults, click OK. This opens “Set Program Access and Computer Defaults.”. Click Custom.
How do I change the default program in registry?
How to Change Default Programs in Registry. 1 Open the Control Panel. 2 Select Default Programs. 3 Select .txt files. 4 Click Look for an app in the MS Store. 5 Search for “notepad++. 6 Click Notepad++ Report abuse.
How to change the default e-mail client?
To change the default e-mail client:- 1]Log on as Administrator 2] Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click Programs tab and select your email client from the drop-down list.
How do I change the default mail app in Windows 10?
Step 1: Go to settings by typing Settings in the search bar next to Start button, and press Enter. Step 2: Click on System option from the window, and select Default apps from the left side panel of the screen. Step 3: Under Choose Default apps, Click on + symbol under Email option to set a mail app as your default browser. Hope this helps!