How do I find my cisco router username and password?
Cisco Router Login Guide The default username for your Cisco router is Cisco. The default password is Cisco. Enter the username & password, hit “Enter” and now you should see the control panel of your router.
How can I recover my cisco router password without losing the configuration?
Reset Cisco Router Password Without Losing Configuration
- Step 1: Reload router.
- Step 2: Wait for 10 seconds of startup and send a break signal to terminal.
- Step 3: Now you are in rommon prompt.
- Step 4: At the prompt, type the following command confreg 0x2142 to skip the existing configuration on startup.
How do I get my router password if I forgot it?
If you can’t access the router’s web-based setup page or forgot the router’s password, you may reset the router to its default factory settings. To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router’s password.
How do I Reset my cisco Rommon password?
Place the router in ROM Monitor (ROMMON) mode.
- Set the RP configuration register to 0x42 at the ROM.
- The configuration register is not an environment.
- The router password is recovered successfully.
What is the default username and password for router?
#2) Generally, for most of the routers, the default username and password is “admin” and “admin”.
What is default password for cisco router?
The default username is cisco. The default password is cisco. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive.
How do I reset my Cisco router to factory default?
Reset Router to Default Configuration
- With the router powered off, connect the power cord to your router, and plug the power cord into your power source.
- Find the Reset button on the router.
- Press and hold the Reset button while you power on the router.
- Release the Reset button after 10 seconds.
What is Cisco router default password?
How do I access my Cisco router?
How Do I Access My Cisco 881 Router? The login page for the Cisco 881-W router is activated by entering your router’s IP address in the address bar and using a web browser from your favorite website. At the back of your router, you will find the IP address.
How to properly secure your Cisco router with passwords?
– Console – Aux – VTY – Enable password – Enable Secret
How do I Change my Cisco router password?
Locate the small pin-hole reset button on the back of your Shaw modem.
How to set password on console port of Cisco router?
– Line Passwords – Privileged mode Passwords (enable mode) – Username Passwords (optional)