How do I look up court cases in Mississippi?

How do I look up court cases in Mississippi?

To obtain Mississippi judgment records, visit the clerk’s office where the court issued the judgment. Generally, this court is located in the county where the defendant lives or where the crime happened. Pay a visit to the courthouse during regular business hours and submit a request at the clerk’s office.

How do I file for divorce in Hinds County?

In Hinds County, MS, divorce papers are usually filed with the chancery court. Drop by to pick up the forms and complete them either at home or at the courthouse where staff can help you. The forms can also be downloaded online from the court website or obtained by using an online documents preparation service.

How do I get a marriage license in Hinds County MS?

  1. To obtain a marriage license in Hinds County, both applicants must appear together in the Circuit Clerk’s Office.
  2. The fee is $36, we accept cash or card.
  3. Proof of age is required by both applicants in the form of driver’s license, ID, passport or birth certificate.

How much is a peace bond in Jackson MS?

In a civil case, a trial or contested matter occurs between two or more persons, while in a criminal case, the trial is between the State of Mississippi and a person accused of committing a crime….Justice Court.

Criminal Affidavits
Peace Bonds
Number of Defendant(s) Cost
1 $70.00
Only one (1) defendant per affidavit

How do I find someone’s charges in Mississippi?

A request for inmates’ records is commonly referred to as a Penpak and includes such information as convictions, time sheets, indictments, sentencing orders and social admissions. To request an inmate’s record, contact the Records Division at (601) 933-2889.

How do I get a copy of my divorce decree in Mississippi?

To obtain a divorce record, visit the Court Clerk in the courthouse where the divorce was finalized. Chancery Court Clerks accept mail, phone, and fax requests for divorce records. Find the contact information of the Chancery Clerk of interest from the Chancery Court Clerk Directory.

How do I sue someone in Mississippi?

In Mississippi, you may file in small claims court, known as justice court, on your own for anything that is $3,500 or less. If you want to sue for more, you will have to file in a different court and may need the help of a lawyer. You may talk to the clerk of court for help in filing a lawsuit in small claims court.

Can you apply for a marriage license online in Mississippi?

Marriage Law Requirements for Mississippi: To obtain a marriage license, both parties must apply in person your at local county Circuit Clerk’s office.

What’s the difference between a peace bond and a restraining order?

Unlike a peace bond that may apply to anybody you are afraid of, restraining orders must have a family connection. As well, a restraining order does not apply to property. The person you want an order against is called the “respondent”.

How do I look up criminal records in Mississippi?

You will search the Mississippi court records database to access the public court record. If you cannot find what you are looking for online, you will need to reach out to the court clerk where the case was heard.

Can I get a copy of my divorce decree online in Mississippi?

Members of the public can access available divorce case records using the Mississippi Electronic Courts (MEC) search tool provided on the website of the State of Mississippi Judiciary.

Can you sue someone for emotional distress in Mississippi?

The answer to that question is, yes, you can recover in Mississippi in a personal injury claim for your emotional distress. That can result from what we call pain and suffering—the pain that they go through as a result of that injury, or the suffering that they go through as a result of that injury.

Where does Hinds County rank in Clerk offices in Mississippi?

In Mississippi, Hinds County is ranked 74th of 82 counties in Clerk Offices per capita, and 5th of 82 counties in Clerk Offices per square mile. Find Hinds County, Mississippi clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court.

Where can I find public records in Hinds County?

The Hinds County Clerk, located in Jackson, Mississippi, is the official keeper of public records for Hinds County. The Clerk’s office ensures that public records are retained, archived, and made accessible to the public in accordance with all laws and regulations.

How to contact the Hinds County justice court?

Should you need special accommodations or cannot access the virtual hearing for any reason, please contact the Hinds County Justice Court (601) 965-8800 as soon as possible. Have you received a summons to appear before the Hinds County Justice Court?

What is the Hinds County Board of Supervisors doing to help?

The Hinds County Board of Supervisors is supportive of increased access to the justice court system for the residents of Hinds County.