How do you fix insert media some files are missing in Windows 8?
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C: , where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder.
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder.
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
- Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
How do you fix some files are missing your Windows installation or recovery media?
How to restore ANY Windows 8 PC or laptop to factory settings
- STEP 1 START THE RESTORE UTILITY. Go to the Start Screen and type ‘Remove’ to bring up the search box.
- STEP 2 SELECT YOUR REFRESH OPTION.
- STEP 3 FIX THE ‘SOME FILES ARE MISSING’ ERROR.
- STEP 4 CHOOSE DRIVES TO WIPE.
- STEP 5 CHOOSE WIPE OPTIONS.
- STEP 6 RESET YOUR PC.
How do I fix insert media some files are missing 2020?
Update: You can now easily fix this issue by download and creating your own Windows 8.1 installation media and simply insert the USB drive or DVD when you’re prompted “Insert Media” — “Some files are missing. Your Windows installation or recovery media will provide these files.” or “Couldn’t find necessary files”.
How do I reset my computer without installing media?
Restore without an installation CD:
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8.1 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do you fix recovery media?
Why am I seeing the “Insert your Windows installation or recovery media” error?
- How to fix this error.
- Method 1: Run System File Checker.
- Method 2: Run Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool.
- Method 3: Use the Advanced Recovery menu to reset this PC.
- Method 4: Reinstall Windows 10.
What is insert recovery media?
Recovery Media is DVD or USB media containing a backup of the original factory condition of a computer as configured by Lenovo, or a PC system user. Recovery Media allows you to reformat the hard drive, reinstall the operating system and reset the system to the original Lenovo factory condition.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without a disk?
Why can’t I Reset my PC to factory settings?
Why can’t I factory reset my PC/laptop?
- Corrupted Windows 10 Recovery image.
- Malware infection.
- Sudden loss of power for your PC.
- Corrupted system files.
- Mistakenly removing an important file from your system.
- Corrupted Windows file used when creating the recovery image.
- Not having your Windows activated.