How do you make pumpkin bread with canned pumpkin and cake mix?
- Add canned pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and oil to a mixing bowl and beat to combine.
- Add the yellow cake mix and beat until combined.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the pumpkin bread batter in.
- Bake pumpkin bread at 375 degrees for 45 – 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Can I substitute canned pumpkin for oil in cake mix?
Low in both calories and fat, canned pumpkin is a healthy substitute for oil and eggs in a variety of baked goods. With a bright orange color and creamy consistency, canned pumpkin can be effortlessly added to mixes for cakes, cookies, breads and brownies.
How do you spice up canned pumpkin?
Pumpkin Spice Mix Recipe
- ⅓ cup ground cinnamon.
- 1½ tablespoons ground ginger.
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg.
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves.
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice.
Can I put a cake mix in a loaf pan?
You can bake cake mix in loaf pans. Grease and flour the bottom only and bake at 325 to 350 for 35 to 55 minutes depending on the pan size. One 9×5 loaf pan will be very full and will bake for 50 minutes +. You can use two 8×4-inch pans and start checking for doneness at around 35 minutes.
Can you make pumpkin bread in a cake pan?
This cake-like quick bread can also be baked in an eight-inch round cake pan plus six standard cupcake or muffin pans. In large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir well with fork or whisk.
Can you add pumpkin to box cake mix?
Well, you sure can! And it’s super easy and super tasty with this Yellow Cake Mix Pumpkin Cake recipe. Simply mix together a box of yellow cake mix, canned pumpkin, and some basic cake ingredients and you’re on your way to baking up one very tender and tasty cake.
Is canned pumpkin the same as pumpkin puree?
First and foremost: Canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same thing. These terms are often used interchangeably in recipes (you may also see the term solid-pack pumpkin).
Why is the center of my pumpkin bread not cooking?
Lower the temperature and allow for a little more cooking time as the center of the pumpkin bread tends to fall behind while baking, compared to the sides.
Why is my pumpkin bread gummy?
With recipes like banana bread and pumpkin bread, the goal is to incorporate as much fruit purée as the batter can handle. Too much will throw off the ratio of wet to dry ingredients. This means you may not have enough flour to absorb that moisture, leading to a gummy bottom on your quick breads.
Can I use a Bundt pan instead of a cake pan?
Seeing an incredible Bundt recipe may lead some home bakers to ponder “Can you bake a Bundt cake recipe in a regular pan?” The short answer is a resounding yes!
Can I use a bundt pan instead of a loaf pan?
If the recipe calls for a loaf or tube pan, it’s likely the batter will also do well in a similarly deep pan that has some support, such as a bundt pan. Or, if the cake is baked in a flat pan, like a rimmed baking sheet, than you’re probably fine baking in a relatively shallow 2-inch-deep pan.
Can pumpkin and spice cake mix recipe?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix and canned pumpkin until well blended.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
How do you make a pumpkin cake from a cake mix?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan, or two 9 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, sugar, vegetable oil, pumpkin, water, cinnamon and eggs. Beat until well blended.
- Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes.
Can you use canned pumpkin instead of pumpkin puree?
First and foremost: Canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same thing. These terms are often used interchangeably in recipes (you may also see the term solid-pack pumpkin). All these terms mean 100% steamed and pureed pumpkin—no extras, no add-ins (nope, not even in the canned variety).
What is the difference between canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie mix?
Canned pumpkin is just that and nothing more: cooked, pureed pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices like cinnamon, clove, allspice and ginger, and is also sweetened. It is a “convenience food” for making short work of pumpkin pie.