What are the 7 Creative Commons licenses?
What are the different types of CC licenses?
- Attribution CC BY.
- Attribution ShareAlike CC BY-SA.
- Attribution-NoDerivs CC BY-ND.
- Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC.
- Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike CC BY-NC-SA.
- Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND.
What are the 5 Creative Commons licenses?
There are six different Creative Commons licenses: CC BY, CC BY-SA, CC BY-NC, CC BY-ND, CC BY-NC-SA, CC BY-NC-ND. The letter pairs indicate conditions for use.
What are 2 conditions that come with having a Creative Commons license?
Licensees may copy, distribute, display, perform the work and make derivative works and remixes based on it only for non-commercial purposes. Licensees may copy, distribute, display and perform only verbatim copies of the work, not derivative works and remixes based on it.
Are Creative Commons licenses free?
Creative Commons (CC) is an internationally active non-profit organisation that provides free licences for creators to use when making their work available to the public. These licences help the creator to give permission for others to use the work in advance under certain conditions.
How do I get a license for Creative Commons?
- What is Creative Commons? (or try the excellent Get CC Savvy course here at School of Open)
- You don’t need to register your work – just pick a license!
- Make sure your work is copyrightable.
- Make sure you have the rights.
- Make sure you understand how Creative Commons licenses operate.
What license should I use for my website?
Of this set of options, for a personal website, I would generally recommend CC-BY. This is the most lightweight and flexible sharing arrangement, and thus generally allows the most potential for increased personal visibility (attribution is always required).
Which CC license should I use?
The latest version of the Creative Commons licenses is version 4.0. You should always use the latest version of the Creative Commons licenses in order to take advantage of the many improvements described on the license versions page.
Where can you get copyright free images?
You may find free photographs in a variety of places, including Google image search, Tineye, and Flickr. While all of these ways will yield some results, they may not be the greatest if you’re searching for high-quality images to utilize commercially.
What are the different types of CC Licenses?
– Copyrighted – Public Domain – CC – Attribution – CC – Attribution ShareAlike – CC – Attribution NoDerivs – CC – Attribution NonCommercial – CC – Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike – CC – Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs
How to use Creative Commons?
You must give credit to the author
Does Creative Commons work for cost distribution?
December 7, 2021 Answerthirst Editor. A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted work. A CC license is used when an author wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that they have created.