Why are my office files not opening?
Run a Quick Repair to fix the file association problem Choose Programs > Programs and Features. Next, select the Office product you want to repair and then choose Change. Choose the Quick Repair option and then choose Repair.
Why won’t any of my Microsoft programs open?
Repair Or Reinstall Office Navigate to Office and right-click then select the Change option. You’ll be presented with the option for a “Quick Repair” or “Online Repair.” Choose the “Quick Repair” option and wait for several minutes to see if this resolves the issue.
Can’t open any Word documents?
If your file is damaged, use the Open and Repair feature to recover it.
- Open Word, select File > Open > Browse, then navigate to the file location. Don’t open the file from the Recent section.
- Select the file you want, select the Open drop-down arrow, then choose Open and Repair.
Why can’t I open Word or Excel documents?
Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space. To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.
How do I fix Office not working?
When MS word has stopped working, you can fix it by repairing Office installation.
- Open Control Panel, click “Programs and Features” and click on “Microsoft Office”.
- Locate and select your Microsoft Office, and click “Change” in the top menu.
- On the window, click “Repair” and then “Continue”.
How do I fix Microsoft Word not opening?
In the meantime, try repairing your Office application by following the steps below.
- Right-click on Start, then select Apps and Feature.
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Office.
- Select that and choose Modify.
- Select Online Repair.
- Once the process is completed, you may need to restart your computer.
Why my Microsoft Word is not working?
You’ll most often encounter a “Microsoft Word is not responding” message for one of several reasons: A failure to open, save, or access a document hosted on a remote server, often arising from a server timeout. A damaged program file. An incompatible add-in.
Why has Microsoft Word 2016 stopped working?
Some users have reported that Microsoft Word has stopped working error can appear due to problems with your registry. There is a key in the registry that stores frequently used options in Word. If you delete the key, Word rebuilds it the next time you start Word by using the default settings, thus fixing the problem.
How do I repair Excel 2016?
Repairing Excel 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007
- Click on the Windows “start” icon (bottom-left corner of your screen).
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Apps”.
- Select “Microsoft Office” (or “Microsoft Excel” if you do not have the full Office installation).
- Click “Modify”.
- Choose from “Quick Repair” or “Online Repair”.
How do I repair Microsoft Word 2016?
In the window How would you like to repair your Office Programs, select Online Repair > Repair to make sure everything gets fixed. (The faster Quick Repair option is also available, but it only detects and then replaces corrupted files.) In Change your installation, select Repair and then click Continue.
How do I fix error code 0xc0000142?
Run the application in compatibility mode and always start the application as administrator.
- Right click on file (giving application error 0xc0000142).
- Click on Properties and then click Compatibility tab.
- Click on “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” if the games work save the settings if not continue.
How do you fix a Word document that will not open?
What to do when Excel file is not opening?
Alternatively, you can use the Excel keyboard shortcut Ctrl + O. Double-click the file you want to open. If the file still won’t open, click “Browse” and search for the file. At the bottom of the “Open” dialog box, click the small arrow next to the “Open button”, then choose “Open and Repair” from the context menu.
Why is Excel not opening my file?
Another possible reason that causes Excel files to not open could be that your Microsoft Office application is corrupt and need to be repaired or reinstalled. But since reinstalling is a little more work, let’s try the repair option first.
How do I open a Word document that won’t open?
Why did Microsoft Office stopped working?