Why is my document feeder not working?
Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the pick rollers and cause paper feed issues. To help prevent paper feed issues, clean the rollers inside the ADF. Open the ADF cover. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
How do I clean my HP 8600 scanner feeder?
HP Officejet Pro 8600 –
- Remove all originals from the document feeder tray.
- Lift the automatic document feeder cover (1).
- Lightly dampen a clean lint-free cloth with distilled water, then squeeze any.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe any residue off the rollers or separator pad.
How do I clean the rollers on my HP Officejet Pro 8600?
Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth. Press the cloth against the roller, and then rotate the roller with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup. Repeat this step for each roller.
Why does my ADF keep jamming?
Make sure you do not load the ADF beyond its capacity for your paper size. Also make sure your originals are not creased or folded, and do not contain holes, staples, tape, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder. Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages.
How do I clean the rollers on my HP 8600?
How do you clean the rollers on a HP Officejet Pro 8600?
How do you clean HP Officejet Pro rollers?
Cleaning the paper feed rollers
- Turn off the all-in-one and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the rear access door.
- Clean each roller using a clean lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water (distilled water preferred).
- Rotate the rollers to clean the entire surface.
How do I clean my HP printer feeder?
Open the ADF access door (1) and the roller cover (2) inside the ADF. Wipe the ADF rollers with a clean, damp, lint-free cloth. Wait several minutes for the rollers to dry, and then close the ADF roller cover and access door. Reconnect the USB or Ethernet cable and power cable to the scanner.
How do I manually clean my HP 8600 printhead?
To clean the printhead, go to Tools on the printer control panel.
- Load plain white paper into the tray.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display additional options.
- Touch Setup ( ), and then touch Tools.
- Touch Clean Printhead.
How to Fix HP OfficeJet pro 8600 printer-pick motor stalled?
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printers – An ‘Out of Paper’ or ‘Pick Motor Stalled’ Displays Step 1: Reset the printer. Reset the printer, and then try to print again. With the printer turned on, disconnect the… Step 2: Update the printer firmware. Update the printer firmware, and then try to print again.
Does the ADF on the Officejet Pro 8600 pick up paper?
Loading… This document is for the Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One printers. The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) on the printer does not pick up paper. The procedures in this document can help by showing you how to check the paper and clean the ADF mechanism.
Why is my paper feed not working properly?
Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer.